Blogging, Broadcast: Audio, Broadcast: Video, Columns, Essays, Features, How-To, Personal Journalism, Profiles, Service: Health & Family, Service: Lifestyle, Social Media
Books & Literature, Education, Family & Parenting, Fitness, Health & Medicine, Non-Profit, Publishing, Society, Women
Ann Douglas is the author of 23 books and the creator of The Mother of All ® book series, which has sold over half a million copies. She has created and delivered pregnancy and parenting courses for both corporate and government clients and she has authored more than 1000 articles about pregnancy and parenting. In April 2012, Ann was one of 16 Canadians invited to Rideau Hall to discuss family policy with Canadian Governor-General David Johnston and his wife Sharon Johnston. Ann’s next book—about child and youth mental health—will be published by HarperCollins Canada in 2014.
- Canadian Family
- Canadian Living
- Cottage Life
- Best Start Ontario
- The Writers’ Union of Canada
- The Mother of All Pregnancy Books and The Mother of All Baby Books (Second Canadian editions, 2011; Second American editions, Wiley, 2012)
- Mealtime Solutions for Your Baby, Toddler, and Preschooler: The Ultimate No-Worry Guide for Each Age and Stage, (Wiley, 2006)
- Sleep Solutions for Your Baby Toddler and Preschooler: The Ultimate No-Worry Guide for Each Age and Stage, (Wiley, March 2006)
- The Mother of All Pregnancy Organizers, (Wiley, 2004)
- The Mother of All Parenting Books, (U.S. edition. Wiley, 2004)
- The Mother of All Toddler Books, (U.S. edition. Wiley, 2004)
- The Unofficial Guide to Having a Baby, (Second edition: Wiley, 2004)
- The Mother of All Parenting Books, (Canadian edition: Wiley, 2003)
- Choosing Childcare for Dummies, (Wiley, 2003)
- The Mother of All Toddler Books, (Canadian edition and U.S. edition, Wiley, 2004)
- The Mother of All Baby Books, (Canadian edition: Wiley, 2001)
- The Mother of All Pregnancy Books: The All-Canadian Guide to Conception, Birth, and Everything In Between, (Wiley, 2000)
- Family Finances: The Essential Guide for Parents, (Dearborn Publishing, 2001, with Elizabeth Lewis)
- Trying Again: A Guide to Pregnancy After Miscarriage, Stillbirth, and Infant Loss, (Taylor Publishing, 2000, with John R. Sussman, MD.)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Raising Money-Smart Canadian Kids, (Prentice-Hall Canada, 2000, with Barbara Weltman)
- Family Finance: The Essential Guide for Canadian Parents, (Prentice-Hall Canada, 1999)
- The Unofficial Guide to Having A Baby, ( IDG Books, 1999, with John R. Sussman, MD.)
- The Unofficial Guide to Childcare, (IDG Books, 1998)
- Body Talk: The Straight Facts about Fitness, Nutrition, and Feeling Great about Yourself, (Maple Tree Press, 2002, co-authored with Julie Douglas. Revised edition, 2006)
- Before You Were Born: The Inside Story, (Owl Books, 2000)
- The Family Tree Detective: Cracking The Case of Your Family's Story, (Owl Books, 1999)
- Baby Science: How Babies Really Work, (Owl Books, 1998)
- Canuck Chicks and Maple Leaf Mamas: Women of the Great White North, (McArthur and Company, 2002)
- The Incredible Shrinking Woman, (Prentice-Hall Canada, 2000)
- Sanity Savers: The Canadian Working Woman's Guide to Almost Having It All, (McGraw-Hill Ryerson, 1999)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Canada in the '60s, '70s, and '80s, (Prentice-Hall Canada, 1999)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Curling, (Prentice-Hall Canada, 1998, with Rod Bolton)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Canadian History, (Prentice-Hall Canada, 1997)
- Anderson, Kyra, and Vicki Forman. Gravity Pulls You In: Perspectives on Parenting Children on the Autism Spectrum. Bethesda, MD: Woodbine House, 2010. "As Great As Trees."
- Friedman, May, and Shana L. Calixte. Mothering and Blogging: The Radical Act of the MommyBlog. Toronto: Demeter Press, 2009. "Meet the MommyBlogger."
- McDonald Strong, Shari. The Maternal is Political. Edited by Shari McDonald Strong. Seal Books, 2008. "Campaign Confidential."
- Buchanan, Andi. It's a Girl: Women Writers on Raising Daughters. New York: Seal Press, 2006. "The Food Rules."
Decode Entertainment: Gigglefactory.com (2005)
Parenting site consultant and copywriter, Decode Entertainment. Contracted to prepare a feasibility study and marketing analysis for the parenting portion of a parenting/preschooler website and to write a portion of the parenting site content for the Gigglefactory.com website for parents. The site was launched in conjunction with TV show of same name as part of FamilyChannel website.
National Film Board of Canada: Canadian History Web Site Project (2000)
Provided 40,000 words of content for the National Film Board's Canadian History web site.
Writer’s Union of Canada, Contract Trainer (2012-2013)
Contracted by The Writers Union of Canada to teach online publicity and social media skills to Canadian authors in nine Canadian cities and via webinar in 2012-2013.
Over 120 keynote addresses, presentations, seminars, and/or workshops delivered at conferences and events focusing on publishing and/or pregnancy/parenting over the past ten years.
- Professional Writers Association of Canada Lifetime Membership (2013).
- Professional Writers Association of Canada Writing Awards: Short Feature Writing: Honorable Mention (2013).
- National Magazine Awards (2010): Silver Award: Single Service Article Package: "Captain Cottager." Cottage Life. A member of the editorial, writing, and design team that shared this award.
- Peterborough Business Excellence Award, Peterborough Chamber of Commerce (2005).
- National Magazine Awards: Finalist: Service Writing. "Protect Your Reproductive Power." Chatelaine (2000).