Advertorials, Blogging, Broadcast: Audio, Broadcast: Video, Brochures, Case studies, Columns, Copywriting: Direct, Copywriting: New Media, Copywriting: Print, Copywriting: Radio, Corporate Communications, Essays, Features, How-To, Newsletters, Personal Journalism, Profiles, Promotional copy, Proposals, Reports/Whitepapers, Service: Health & Family, Social media, Speechwriting, Web
Books & literature, Culture & community, Education, Family & parenting, Health & medicine, Non-profit, Politics, Publishing, Society, Women
Ann Douglas is a magazine writer, online journalist, author, and copywriter who specializes in writing about pregnancy and parenting. Her 28 books include The Mother of All ® Books series, which she created and licensed to Wiley Publishing Inc.
Ann has written thousands of articles for magazines, newspapers, and online media. She speaks at consumer and trade shows, delivers customized training to businesses and non-profits, and offers a range of editorial consulting services. She is the mother of four children, ages 13 through 22, and an active volunteer.
- Canadian Family
- Conceive Magazine (columnist)
- Cottage Life
- ParentsAsk.com (columnist)
- ParentCentral.ca (columnist)
- Parents Canada
- The Toronto Star (columnist)
- Today's Parent
- Health Canada (Aboriginal Prenatal Nutrition Program)
- Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources
- The Mother of All Pregnancy Books and The Mother of All Baby Books (Second Canadian editions, 2011; Second American editions, Wiley, 2012)
- Mealtime Solutions for Your Baby, Toddler, and Preschooler: The Ultimate No-Worry Guide for Each Age and Stage, (Wiley, 2006)
- Sleep Solutions for Your Baby Toddler and Preschooler: The Ultimate No-Worry Guide for Each Age and Stage, (Wiley, March 2006)
- The Mother of All Pregnancy Organizers, (Wiley, 2004)
- The Mother of All Parenting Books, (U.S. edition. Wiley, 2004)
- The Mother of All Toddler Books, (U.S. edition. Wiley, 2004)
- The Unofficial Guide to Having a Baby, (Second edition: Wiley, 2004)
- The Mother of All Parenting Books, (Canadian edition: Wiley, 2003)
- Choosing Childcare for Dummies, (Wiley, 2003)
- The Mother of All Toddler Books, (Canadian edition and U.S. edition, Wiley, 2004)
- The Mother of All Baby Books, (Canadian edition: Wiley, 2001)
- The Mother of All Pregnancy Books: The All-Canadian Guide to Conception, Birth, and Everything In Between, (Wiley, 2000)
- Family Finances: The Essential Guide for Parents, (Dearborn Publishing, 2001, with Elizabeth Lewis)
- Trying Again: A Guide to Pregnancy After Miscarriage, Stillbirth, and Infant Loss, (Taylor Publishing, 2000, with John R. Sussman, MD.)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Raising Money-Smart Canadian Kids, (Prentice-Hall Canada, 2000, with Barbara Weltman)
- Family Finance: The Essential Guide for Canadian Parents, (Prentice-Hall Canada, 1999)
- The Unofficial Guide to Having A Baby, ( IDG Books, 1999, with John R. Sussman, MD.)
- The Unofficial Guide to Childcare, (IDG Books, 1998)
- Body Talk: The Straight Facts about Fitness, Nutrition, and Feeling Great about Yourself, (Maple Tree Press, 2002, co-authored with Julie Douglas. Revised edition, 2006)
- Before You Were Born: The Inside Story, (Owl Books, 2000)
- The Family Tree Detective: Cracking The Case of Your Family's Story, (Owl Books, 1999)
- Baby Science: How Babies Really Work, (Owl Books, 1998)
- Canuck Chicks and Maple Leaf Mamas: Women of the Great White North, (McArthur and Company, 2002)
- The Incredible Shrinking Woman, (Prentice-Hall Canada, 2000)
- Sanity Savers: The Canadian Working Woman's Guide to Almost Having It All, (McGraw-Hill Ryerson, 1999)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Canada in the '60s, '70s, and '80s, (Prentice-Hall Canada, 1999)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Curling, (Prentice-Hall Canada, 1998, with Rod Bolton)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Canadian History, (Prentice-Hall Canada, 1997)
- Anderson, Kyra, and Vicki Forman. Gravity Pulls You In: Perspectives on Parenting Children on the Autism Spectrum. Bethesda, MD: Woodbine House, 2010. "As Great As Trees."
- Friedman, May, and Shana L. Calixte. Mothering and Blogging: The Radical Act of the MommyBlog. Toronto: Demeter Press, 2009. "Meet the MommyBlogger."
- McDonald Strong, Shari. The Maternal is Political. Edited by Shari McDonald Strong. Seal Books, 2008. "Campaign Confidential."
- Buchanan, Andi. It's a Girl: Women Writers on Raising Daughters. New York: Seal Press, 2006. "The Food Rules."
Decode Entertainment: Gigglefactory.com (2005)
Parenting site consultant and copywriter, Decode Entertainment. Contracted to prepare a feasibility study and marketing analysis for the parenting portion of a parenting/preschooler website and to write a portion of the parenting site content for the Gigglefactory.com website for parents. The site was launched in conjunction with TV show of same name as part of FamilyChannel website.
National Film Board of Canada: Canadian History Web Site Project (2000)
Provided 40,000 words of content for the National Film Board's Canadian History web site.
Frequently asked to deliver keynote addresses, presentations, seminars, or workshops at conferences and events focusing on writing or pregnancy/parenting. Has spoken to over 100 government, corporate, and consumer groups over the past eight years.
- National Magazine Awards (2010): Silver Award: Single Service Article Package: "Captain Cottager." Cottage Life. A member of the editorial, writing, and design team that shared this award.
- Peterborough Business Excellence Award, Peterborough Chamber of Commerce (2005)
- National Magazine Awards: Finalist: Service Writing. "Protect Your Reproductive Power." Chatelaine (2000).